ADSM-L

How do I determine which nodes have TDP installed and being used?

2003-05-12 15:37:49
Subject: How do I determine which nodes have TDP installed and being used?
From: Todd Lundstedt <Todd_Lundstedt AT VIA-CHRISTI DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 14:37:29 -0500
I have purchased two TDP for Domino licenses, and my query license reports
that.

Number of TDP for Lotus Domino in use: 3
Number of TDP for Lotus Domino licensed: 2

I have two separate machines backing up Domino databases via TDP.
Originally, the backup/archive client's dsm.opt had the same node name as
the TDPDomino client's dsm.opt on both machines.  Recently, on one machine,
I changed the TDPDomino client's dsm.opt to have a different nodename than
the backup/archive client.  I registered the new nodename, and did fresh
backups.  After our retention period, I deleted the DOMDBS filespace
associated with the old nodename.

The following:
select node_name,filespace_name from filespaces where filespace_name like
'%DOM%'
results in:
NODE_NAME              FILESPACE_NAME
------------------     ------------------
NT-DCO-VCSF_DOM        VCSF.DOMDBS
NT-DCO-VCSF_DOM        VCSF.DOMLOGS
W2K-DCO-VCAPPS         VCApps.DOMDBS

I only count two nodes backing up domino databases.  The "nt-dco-vcsf_dom"
is the newly registered node name for the same machine/nodename
("nt-dco-vcsf") that used to backup B/A and TDP data.
It has been several days since I deleted the VCSF.DOMDBS filespace from
NT-DCO-VCSF, even though NT-DCO-VCSF and NT-DCO-VCSF_DOM are the same
physical servers.  Audit License has run several times.

Perusing Richards Sim's Quick facts, I tried the following:
select node_name,license_name,last_used from license_details
and it returned:
NT-DCO-VCSF            DOMINO                   2003-05-02
                                           09:32:34.000000
NT-DCO-VCSF_DOM        DOMINO                   2003-05-12
                                           12:48:38.000000
W2K-DCO-VCAPPS         DOMINO                   2003-05-11
                                           22:26:52.000000

How do I get the TDPDomino license for NT-DCO-VCSF removed, because it is
actually being used for NT-DCO-VCSF_DOM (and they are the same physical
machine).
Thanks in advance.