ADSM-L

Re: ANE4005E file not found messages

2003-05-08 09:44:52
Subject: Re: ANE4005E file not found messages
From: "Marcel J.E. Mol" <marcel AT MESA DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 15:44:29 +0200
On Thu, May 08, 2003 at 08:24:35AM -0400, Richard Sims wrote:
> >Our TSM logs show many ANE4005E (file not found) messages for files
> >generated by windows user bookmarking theri favorite site with internet
> >explorer.
> >For example:
> >
> >     05/07/03   21:40:25      ANE4005E (Session: 64191, Node: NUGVFS04)
> >     Error processing 'DATA:/USR/KleipooC/DATA/internet/Favorites/Holi
> >     day/Creece/Welcome to the Campings of Greece Athens Attica Aegean
> >     Islands =FF=FF=FF=FF Central Greece Crete Cyclades Dodecanissos Evia=
> > =FF=FF I.u
> >     rl': file not found
> >
> >There seem to be some strange characters in the filename. But internet
> >explorer does not seem to have any difficulties with retrieveing the file.
> >So why does TSM???
> >Any hints to resolve this?
>
> When posting, please observe the protocol of including the
> version/release/maint
> level of the client+server software you are using.

Richard, sorry about this. I always tell people the same thing and now I
forget it myselsf :-(

Anyway this is tsm server 5.1.5.4 on AIX 5.1. Client is 5.1.5.15. on
windows NT4.

> Are you running TSM 4.2 or greater?  Are these Unicode-enabled filespaces?
> (See the Windows B/A Clients manual)

HAve to check about unicode. But the manual talks about unicode only for
exclude/include options and we don't explicitely include/exclude for
this file area.

-Marcel
--
     ======--------         Marcel J.E. Mol                MESA Consulting B.V.