ADSM-L

Re: New Robot system

2003-05-07 16:48:39
Subject: Re: New Robot system
From: Zlatko Krastev/ACIT <acit AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 23:45:46 +0300
Usually this is achieved with standard migration:
Data is in primaryA and copyA.
Define new primaryB and copyB pools.
"upd stg primaryA next=primaryB highmig=0 lowmig=0"
"backup stg primaryB copyB"

Zlatko Krastev
IT Consultant

Angel Antón <aantonh AT GIPUZKOA DOT NET>
07.05.2003 16:09

        To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
        cc:
        Subject:        New Robot system

Hello, we are running TSM Server 4.2.3 on an OS/390.
We installed a new robot system with new, and different, tape drives, and
our idea is to migrate the old cartridges to the new ones.
We have two tape pools, a primary and a copy one. For the primary we have
the idea to set the reclaimstgpool to the a new pool defined over the new
tapes.
But for the copy one there is no such a parameter.
Does any one have any idea on how to migrate the copy pool to the new one?

Eskumuinak

Angel Antsn Herrero
IZFE. S.A.
Plaza de Pinares, 1-3
Donostia 20001

Tlf.: +34 943.482.869/811 , Fax: +34 943.321.023
E-Mail : aantonh AT gipuzkoa DOT net