ADSM-L

Re: backup tapepool continue after server crash?

2003-05-07 16:34:45
Subject: Re: backup tapepool continue after server crash?
From: Justin Bleistein <justin.bleistein AT SUNGARD DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 16:32:16 -0400
I know in tsm 4 it's incremental and depending on how you kick it off
determines whether it will continue or not. If it's setup as a tsm admin
schedule then the duration of that schedule will determine that. If it's
kicked off during cron just adjust it with: "crontab -e". (if it's on a
Unix system).

--Justin Richard Bleistein
Unix/TSM Systems Administrator (Sungard eSourcing)
Desk: (856) 566 - 3485
Cell:    (856) 912 - 0861
Email: justin.bleistein AT sungard DOT com

                      adsm
                      <adsm AT PHRAD DOT COM>         To:       ADSM-L AT
VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                      Sent by: "ADSM:          cc:
                      Dist Stor                Subject:  backup tapepool
continue after server crash?
                      Manager"
                      <[email protected]
                      .EDU>

                      05/07/2003 03:38
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      adsm

hi obiwans,

I started a backup of my tapepool to copypool a few hours
ago,
now "someone" was foolin around on the server ans adsm (3.1)
crashed.
does the backup continue now? if not what happens if i issue
another backup tapepool? does it again backup the entire
pool or does it also do "incrementals"?

I know stupid question, but u all dont know how far I went
into tsmhell today lolol.

michelle