ADSM-L

Re: backup tapepool continue after server crash?

2003-05-07 15:44:40
Subject: Re: backup tapepool continue after server crash?
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 15:44:17 -0400
If the server gets restarted, the backup stgpool is killed and doesn't
restart automatically.
So you should just start the backup stgpool again.  ADSM will just pick up
where it left off.

Not necessariliy with the exact same input tape, but it knows (by checking
the database)
Which files have already been copied to the copy pool and which haven't.
Works like you want it to!