ADSM-L

Backup a Laptop

2003-05-07 10:03:18
Subject: Backup a Laptop
From: Christian Svensson <Christian.Svensson AT CRISTIE DOT SE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 16:01:53 +0200

What´s up iTSMers.
Do anyone have a idea how to sold my problem.
I got a Windows XP Laptop on our network who NOT are included in our
domain. (Stand-Alon PC)
But the user who has that laptop want all his information backed up.
And of course the user can run DSM as his own or I can create icon on his
desktop so hi just dubbelclick on it.
But I was hope if I can create a Scheduler who automaticly started when he
is connected to our network.
So if you have any crasy idea how to sold my issue. Please send it to me.

Basic Information about our IT inverment.
TSM Server 5.1.6.3 (Windows 2000)
TSM Client 5.1.5.15 (Windows XP Clients)
1 Gbit Eth Network
No Internal Firewalls or Gateways between the TSM Server and XP Clients.

Thanks for your help.

Best Regard / Med vänlig hälsning
Christian Svensson

Cristie Nordic AB
Box 2             Phone : +46-(0)8-718 43 30
SE-131 06 Nacka         Mobil : +46-(0)70-325 15 77
Sweden                  eMail : Christian.svensson AT cristie DOT se

Visit : Gamla Värmdövägen 4, Plan 2
web : www.cristie.com