ADSM-L

Re: TSM and TDP

2003-05-07 01:30:35
Subject: Re: TSM and TDP
From: Neilson Lui <nclui AT BPI.COM DOT PH>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 13:12:45 +0800
Thanks a lot. I'll try both and decide from there.

                    Bill Boyer
                    <bill.boyer@VE        To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                    RIZON.NET>            cc:
                    Sent by:              Subject:     Re: TSM and TDP
                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"
                    <ADSM-L AT VM DOT MAR
                    IST.EDU>

                    05/07/2003
                    10:30 AM
                    Please respond
                    to "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"

You don't necessarily need 2 scheduler services. Your TDP backups are
ACTION=COMMAND schedules. What that script file does and how it connects
back to TSM is independant of the name used to schedule it. The only thing
you lose is seeing an association for the TDP nodename on TSM. This way
also
you won't be running 2 schedules on that box at the same time. With 2
schedulers you could actually have the B/A client backup running at the
same
time as the TDP backup. On some of my servers I schedule the TDP agent
backups using the same scheduler service. I have one DB2 box that has 4
instances running on it. I have a NODENAME for each instance, but I
schedule
only 1 backup script. The script changes between instances and ends up
connecting back to the server as 4 different nodenames that the one I used
to kick off the schedule/script.

Your call. Either way works.

Bill Boyer
DSS, Inc.