ADSM-L

Re: Moving TSM from one AIX box to another

2003-05-06 09:02:00
Subject: Re: Moving TSM from one AIX box to another
From: "Coats, Jack" <Jack.Coats AT BANKSTERLING DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 6 May 2003 08:02:07 -0500
I did a similar thing, but on Windows instead of AIX.

It turned out I had to install the old version of TSM on the new server,
used DRM
to restore the database, etc, then upgrade the TSM sever to the current
level.
... Kind of a bummer, but it was necessary, because during the conversion
process, the database was upgraded.  And evidently it is not possible to do
during migration upgrade of the database.

... As always YMMV ... JC