ADSM-L

Re: After upgrade to 5.1.6.0 I get different results from SQL que ry

2003-05-06 10:09:37
Subject: Re: After upgrade to 5.1.6.0 I get different results from SQL que ry
From: Ben Bullock <bbullock AT MICRON DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 6 May 2003 08:08:55 -0600
        Actually, if you look through the APARS
http://www-3.ibm.com/software/sysmgmt/products/support/IBMTivoliStorageManager.html,
 there are many "reporting related" issues with various versions of the client.

        A month back I found that many of my clients were reporting 0 bytes and
I called it into IBM. In my case it was related to APAR IC33455. They indicated
that to correct the issue, the server and all the clients had to be at 4.2.2.5
or higher, or  5.1.1.1 or higher. It doesn't say anything about 5.1.5 or 6
versions, but hopefully if you upgrade your clients it will be resolved.
Perhaps you can upgrade one of your clients reporting "0" and see if that will
do the trick.

        In my case with over 800 clients, I'm a long way from getting them all
to report correctly...

Ben