ADSM-L

Re: SUN F6800's

2003-05-05 16:14:03
Subject: Re: SUN F6800's
From: "Cowperthwaite, Eric" <eric.cowperthwaite AT EDS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 16:13:29 -0400
David,

The majority of our TSM servers run on Sun workgroup platforms, ranging from
E420R's to V480 and V880 machines. We have one on an E3500, but the V880 has
more I/O capacity than an E3500. Bottom line, you probably are wasting money
on an SF6800, although maybe we could give a bit more insight if we knew
what your I/O requirements were.

Eric W. Cowperthwaite
EDS Operations Solutions
California Medicaid (Medi-Cal)