ADSM-L

Re: Executing TSM commands via BAT file

2003-05-05 16:12:42
Subject: Re: Executing TSM commands via BAT file
From: "Coats, Jack" <Jack.Coats AT BANKSTERLING DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 15:13:49 -0500
This batch file worked for me...

C:\PROGRA~1\tivoli\tsm\baclient>type test.bat
set
set ID=TSMADMIN-notmyadmin
set PASS=XYzzY-notmypasword
set OUTDIR=c:\temp\tsmout
path=c:\progra~1\tivoli\tsm\baclient;%PATH%
dsmadmc -id=%ID% -pa=%PASS% -outfile=%OUTDIR%\test.txt "q db"

seems to work for me but need to have the OUTDIR directory pre-existing, and

you must be in the same directory when running dsmadmc as where the
executable is
to enable dsmadmc to pick up its messages file.

As always YMMV