ADSM-L

Re: Urgent, TSM backup run then slow to snail speed after the upgrade to TSM 5.1.6.1

2003-05-04 09:00:49
Subject: Re: Urgent, TSM backup run then slow to snail speed after the upgrade to TSM 5.1.6.1
From: Dave Canan <ddcanan AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 21:40:30 -0700
Please apply the ptf for APAR IY36925. This is for AIX 5.1 64-bit. This
will probably fix the problem

At 09:11 PM 5/2/2003 -0700, you wrote:
We had a server upgrading from TSM 4.2.1.11 to TSM 5.1.6.1. We also
upgraded AIX from 4.3.3 to AIX 5.1 ML_3 with 64 bits feature turned on.

When we performed DB backup; the thruput was improved from 11 minutes to 6
minutes. However when we backed up NT workload; It ran fine for a while,
then, it started to slow down to a snail speed. We had placed calls to IBM
and Tivoli, we do not any good answer yet?

Does anyone had similar experience?

Thanks.

Frank Tsao
Frank.Tsao AT sce DOT com