ADSM-L

BACKFM: ANS1245E (RC122) Format unknown Error

2003-05-02 03:54:24
Subject: BACKFM: ANS1245E (RC122) Format unknown Error
From: Huseyin Bilgen <hbilgen AT TIS.HAVELSAN.COM DOT TR>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 10:38:47 +0300
Hello Gurus,
We're having "ANS1245E (RC122)  Format unknown" error, when we tried to
view backups of our SAP R/3 SYstem via "backfm -p
</oracle/<SID>/920_64/dbs/init<SID>.utl" command.

Our platform is:
AIX 5.1
Oracle 9.2.0.2
TSM: 5.1.5.15
TDP_R3: 4.3.2.13

I've found that the error may caused by API mismatching. The documents
says that, if we are trying to restore files backed up with an Higher
API level than we are using while restoring, the error occurs.
Is this means that downward compatibility exist up upward compatibility
doesn't exits.

How can we overcome this error?

Best Regards