ADSM-L

Check me on this ... on burning a CD backupset

2003-04-30 18:21:58
Subject: Check me on this ... on burning a CD backupset
From: "Coats, Jack" <Jack.Coats AT BANKSTERLING DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 17:05:12 -0500
Please check me on this.  Is it true or am I miss-informed.  I am reading
from the TSM for Windows Administrator's Guide and this part is not very
clear... But this is my understanding after reading this list.  These are my
words for local documentation and not from the TSM manual...

<quote>
When writing the volume names to CD, they MUST have the CD-ROM Volume name
the same as the files that were written to disk.

So if you find in D:\BUSet files named 5173788.ost when this gets put on
disk, it must be labeled 513788 and the file on the CD must be 5173788.ost
</quote>

I will be trying it out later, but was just wanting to check if I am
basically right or am I barking up the wrong tree.

TIA ... Jack