ADSM-L

Question on two servers sharing a directory pool (DIRMC)

2003-04-30 16:19:30
Subject: Question on two servers sharing a directory pool (DIRMC)
From: "Nancy R. Brizuela" <Brizuela AT UWYO DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 14:15:37 -0600
Hello All,

We are working on setting up a 2nd server on the same machine (OS390)
because we think it may improve performance.  We would like to share
storage pools for the two servers.   I have set up source and target
servers for virtual volumes per the Admin Guide.  I have also
successfully sent client data backed up on the source server to a
storage pool on the target server.

Now, how do I send client data from the source server to two different
storage pools on the target server?  I would like to keep all the
directories (per DIRMC) in a shared directory pool and the rest of the
data in a shared backup pool, but I don't see a way to do this.  I have
the source server registered on the target server as a node of type
server, then data from the source server is stored in the storage pool
specified in the archive copy group of the default management class of
that domain.  This gives me the opportunity to only specify one shared
storage pool.  Am I missing something here?

Thanks!

Nancy Brizuela
University of Wyoming
IBM Systems Group