ADSM-L

AW: GIGE NIC

2003-04-30 11:40:53
Subject: AW: GIGE NIC
From: "Thomas Rupp, Vorarlberger Illwerke AG" <Thomas.Rupp AT ILLWERKE DOT AT>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 17:40:38 +0200
Hey Joe (couldn't resist :-) )
If you - as the TSM admin - want to control the path the data takes
you have to define the TCPCLIENTADDRESS. And then you *have to* start
the GUI or CLI on the client.
When client "ABC" connects to the TSM server it tells the server the IP-Address
under wich client "ABC" can be reached.
You can omit TCPCLIENTADDRESS when each NIC is in a different subnet so the OS
knows
how to transmit the data. But if the network guys change anything ...

That's how I unterstand it - but I could be wrong

Greetings from Austria

Thomas Rupp
Vorarlberger Illwerke AG
Mail:   thomas.rupp AT illwerke DOT at