ADSM-L

offsite reclamation - no scratch tapes.

2003-04-29 06:09:20
Subject: offsite reclamation - no scratch tapes.
From: Pothula S Paparao <9pothula AT SG.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 17:58:24 +0800
Hello TSM'ers,
Please help me to out of this danger.......
I have 3583 LTO with 2 tape drives used for offsite backup. I started with
4 tapes each set (we maintain 3 sets with 10taps for each set). Everyday i
start offsite reclamation during mid-night and ends in the morning at 7AM.
Next comes backup storage pool starts at 7:30 and ends at 18:00hrs.
Here is my problem.
------------------------------
Now i endup with error messages saying ' insufficient space avialable in
storage pool'. I know why is this, there are no more scratch volumes
available now.  i kept on adding scratch volumes till each set reaches to
10 nos. now i am running out of tapes and facing difficulty to run
reclamation ?????????? any ideas on how to handle offsite reclmation within
given window...

Sreekumar P.Pothula
Strategic Outsourcing
IBM Global Services
Notes ID : 9pothula AT sg.ibm DOT com , Voice : Office  : (65)  6840 2637
                                                                   Mobile :
(65)  9271 0345
- Everybody has a photographic memory, some just don't  have  film.