ADSM-L

TSM Not Working

2003-04-29 02:58:59
Subject: TSM Not Working
From: "Crawford, Lindy" <lcrawford AT BOECORP.CO DOT ZA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 08:57:54 +0200
Hi TSMer's

We have upgraded one of our servers to AIX 5.2 64 bit - and SAP R3 to 64bit
with DB2 7.2. We were using direct archiving of db logs to TSM , but after
the upgrade of the operating system  it has stopped working, it gives me the
return code 5.

Our TSM setup is as follows _;

TSM Server  5.1 , this runs on a Windows 2000 server Advanced.
Aix TSM Client 4.2

This is the error message in the log file for archiving logs:-

Time Started:      Tue Apr 29 08:51:35 2003 (20030429085135)

Parameters Passed:

  db2uext2 -OSAIX 64BIT -RLSQL07026 -RQARCHIVE -DBCLI -NNNODE0000
-LP/db2/CLI/log_dir/NODE0000/ -LNS0000029.LOG

System Action:     ARCHIVE

Target:            ADSM:LOGARCHIVE

RC           :     5            |||> ERROR <|||

Time Completed:    Tue Apr 29 08:51:35 2003 (20030429085135)

Please could you assist me, how do setup TSM on Aix 5.2 64bit /SAP R3...any
ideas.......!!!!

Your assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Lindy Crawford
Information Technology
Nedbank Corporate - Property & Asset Finance
*+27-31-3642185
>  +27-31-3642946
> *lcrawford AT boecorp.co DOT za <mailto:lcrawford AT boecorp.co DOT za>

The contents of this email message and any attachments relating to the
official business of Nedbank Limited ("Nedbank") are proprietary to Nedbank.
They are confidential, legally privileged and protected by law. Nedbank does
not own nor endorse any other contents. Views and opinions are those of the
sender and do not represent Nedbank's views and opinions nor constitute any
commitment by or obligation on Nedbank unless otherwise stated or agreed to
in writing by Nedbank.

The person addressed in this email message is the sole authorised recipient.
Please notify the sender immediately if it has unintentionally reached you
and do not read, disclose or use the contents in any way.

Nedbank cannot assure that the integrity of this communication has been
maintained, nor that it is free of errors, viruses, interception or
interference. Nedbank, therefore, does not accept liability or legal
responsibility for the contents of this email message or its effect on
electronic devices.