ADSM-L

Re: Is the BACKUP_START columns reliable?

2003-04-28 13:58:23
Subject: Re: Is the BACKUP_START columns reliable?
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 10:57:41 -0700
As far as I know, a backup that runs successfully but end up not backing
up anything, and otherwise doesn't run into any problems, should not cause
the SUMMARY table record to show as unsuccessful. Something else may be
going wrong, but there is not enough information for me to offer an
opinion.

With that said, I do not recommend using the SUCCESSFUL flag in the
SUMMARY table as an indicator of success. See discussion on "Query Event
VS Successful Flag" from earlier this month at
http://my.adsm.org/adsm-l.php or http://search.adsm.org.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group
Internet e-mail: storman AT us.eyebm DOT com (change eye to i to reply)

The command line is your friend.

Andrea Campi <a.campi AT INET DOT IT>
04/28/2003 09:48