ADSM-L

Re: Is the BACKUP_START columns reliable?

2003-04-28 10:12:03
Subject: Re: Is the BACKUP_START columns reliable?
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 07:11:34 -0700
1) Is this an incremental backup of the entire file system, or just
portions of the file system? If just portions, then the file space as a
whole is not considered backed up. This could explain what you are seeing.
Is the user backing up individual files or directories? Or is there some
problem on the file system that might be causing TSM to prematurely end
the backup on that file system?

2) What does QUERY FILESPACE F=D show for the file space in question?

3) Have a look at the dsmsched.log and dsmerror.log files. Any anomalies
there?

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group
Internet e-mail: storman AT us.eyebm DOT com (change eye to i to reply)

The command line is your friend.

Andrea Campi <a.campi AT INET DOT IT>
04/28/2003 06:23