ADSM-L

Re: TSM Server 5.1.6.1

2003-04-25 15:06:54
Subject: Re: TSM Server 5.1.6.1
From: Curtis Stewart <curtis.stewart AT ATTBI DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 14:06:19 -0500
Geoffrey,

I'm running 5.1.6.3 on  one system right now without any issues. Like
yours, it's not bit, but it's something. The system has about 16 nodes
and averages about 90GB a night. All the nodes are eiother Netware or
NT/W2K with no TDP. Client version ranges from 4.1.x to the 5.1.5.15.
The server is an IBM e-series dual processor box, 2GB RAM with internal
disk for diskpools SCSI connected to a STK L-180 with a couple of 9840A
drives. We upgraded from TSM 4.1 without any issues. If this release
proves stable we plan to systematically upgrade all of our TSM servers
to it. I guess my experience with this level is '"so far so good", but
time will tell.

Curtis Stewart
US Bank

Gill, Geoffrey L. wrote:

Last night I installed 5.1.6.1 on a test server. It' doesn't do much since I
have only 4 nodes to backup but it's something. I plan to upgrade to this
same version on production in 2 weeks provided everything goes well and I
don't hear anything from the list.

Has anyone else made the move yet?
Geoff Gill
TSM Administrator
NT Systems Support Engineer
SAIC
E-Mail:    <mailto:gillg AT saic DOT com> gillg AT saic DOT com
Phone:  (858) 826-4062
Pager:   (877) 905-7154