ADSM-L

Re: System Objects Again

2003-04-23 11:46:02
Subject: Re: System Objects Again
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 11:45:17 -0400
Yep -  Just like anything else, if you make a change and don't decide it's a
bad change until all your backups have expired, you're toast.

I think to some degree it's a change-control issue.

One thing you can do is use ntbackup to create ANOTHER copy of the system
object stuff with a unique name in a flat file on the server, then let TSM
back that up - or archive it with an expiration date of say 30 days, or 60.

That will give you an "out of band" copy of the system object stuff, that
won't get stomped by TSM's daily versioning.