ADSM-L

Re: undelete volh type=dbb

2003-04-23 10:24:08
Subject: Re: undelete volh type=dbb
From: Remco Post <r.post AT SARA DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 16:22:32 +0200
> hi remco post, thx for your answer.
> err no i do not have backup volh, but my volh file is ok and
> there is the
> DBBackups definitions inside of it.
> i've a copy of volh file in another place (simply a cp)
>
> q volh type=dbb returns only the dbbackup of the day, this
> morning 06:30.
>
> is it possible to restore the volh "db" from the volh file ?
>

> in fact i have to :
> 1 * restore the DB for the 2003/03/13,

Yes, in the dsmserver.opt file, you have a pointer to a volhist file,
that file is used to find the volhist, if the right dbbackup tape is in
there, you are save, aternatively, you could explicitly state the
volumenumber to retore the database from....

> 2 * export FS for the node FOOBAR
> 3 * restore the today's DB
> 4 * import node FOOBAR fs=exported_fs

Maybe (if you have enough resources, you could restore the db to a
testinstance of the server, do an export from there, so you don't have
to retore your production db....

--

Remco