ADSM-L

Re: TSM on Windows or AIX

2003-04-23 10:06:13
Subject: Re: TSM on Windows or AIX
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 10:05:44 -0400
In concert with the original posting, I'm curious about current platform
choices, based upon customer experiences.  I don't recall a recent discussion
on "how good" a given platform as a TSM server.  I'm particularly curious as
to "how good" Linux is as a TSM server platform, given its low cost of
hardware and OS.  Does anyone have experience in Linux vs. Other for TSM
server, and could pass on wisdom?  We've seen some postings about limited
device support in Linux, so that could be a factor.

  thanks,  Richard Sims, BU     http://people.bu.edu/rbs