ADSM-L

Re: Backup Sets

2003-04-21 14:53:42
Subject: Re: Backup Sets
From: "Coats, Jack" <Jack.Coats AT BANKSTERLING DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 13:54:38 -0500
someone else may be able to respond with more authority, but
IMHunderstanding, a backup set is a single entity in the TSM database,
and TSM has no continuing knowledge of the contents of a backup set.
If you need to modify one, you basically make a new one.  You can
always delete an old one if you need to, to recover tapes.  A backup set is
a stand alone entity after it is created.

So, the specific answer to your question is: No.  You cannot refresh or
append to a backupset.