ADSM-L

Backup Sets

2003-04-21 12:48:33
Subject: Backup Sets
From: "Klein, Robert (NIH/CIT)" <kleinr AT EXCHANGE.NIH DOT GOV>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 12:47:31 -0400
I am looking into the suitability of backup sets for long term storage of
offsite copies of data.  The idea is to make a backup set and then eject the
tapes from the silo.   The only problem is that new files keep getting added
to the filespace.  If I create another backup set, say with the same first
level name is the first backup set, will all the files in the filespace get
copied to the new backup set, or only the new ones which were created since
the first backup set was created?  I could not tell from the manual's
description  The user needs to keep these files on disk for several years,
so the old files would still exist on the disk when the new backup set is
created.

Thanks for any clarification you can provide.