ADSM-L

Re: DR Test Question

2003-04-18 17:06:22
Subject: Re: DR Test Question
From: "Kauffman, Tom" <KauffmanT AT NIBCO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 15:45:42 -0500
Well, we just got back from OUR trip to Sterling Forest, and had a massively
successful test -- all primary objectives met, and just enough documentation
& procedure changes cropping up to fit the definition below. Like "Don't
start the TSM client on the EDI system until AFTER restoring the
filesystems" (for some reason, when we got around to the retore there
weren't any active files . . . :-)

The thing to keep in mind is that a run with nothing but problems is also a
'successfull' test, as it illustrates how wonderfully unprepared you are. We
walk in with a project plan and seperate procedures for each major function
on each system; I understand that SF still gets clients that walk in with a
bunch of tapes and say "We're here for a D/R test. What do we do now?".

(And I do a GREAT impersonation of a geek at parties :-)

Tom Kauffman
NIBCO, Inc