ADSM-L

Re: TDP for Domino archiving problems

2003-04-18 09:16:44
Subject: Re: TDP for Domino archiving problems
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 07:09:37 -0400
Tae,

First... one correction:

Data Protection for Domino uses backup storage pools
for ALL backups, both databases and transaction logs.
It does not use "archive" pools for anything.

One way that customers have solved the problem that
you describe is by having a different NODENAME for your
once a month backups. The NODENAMEs have different policy
settings to meet your requirements.
For example, on Windows, you could have different options files:

  dsmweekly.opt
     NODENAME  DOMSERV1
     INCLUDE * DOM_WEEKLY

  dsmmonthly.opt
   NODENAME  DOMSERV1_MONTHLY
   INCLUDE * DOM_MONTHLY

The policies for DOM_WEEKLY and DOM_MONTHLY could be set to
retain the backup for as long as you want.
I hope this gets you started.

Thanks,

Del

> Hey guys I have a question for all you guys who are using TDP
> for domino.  TDP for domino  only utilizes TSM's backup pool for
> its backups and archive pool for its transactin logs.  I need
> to make a weekly (exp afet 35 days) and monthly archive
> (nolimit for exp date) of the domino server without
> shutting it down.  Tivoli has told me that this is not possibe.
> so currently i am restoring the domino database every week
> to a different server and archiving that server. I need to
> archive 5 more Domino servers and i dont have anymore server
> to use for restoring the domino DB for archive. Is there a easier
> way to do this?  i try to do a backupset and this does not work.  any
ideas?