ADSM-L

Re: Possible to restore db w/ no library?

2003-04-18 09:13:45
Subject: Re: Possible to restore db w/ no library?
From: Bill Boyer <bill.boyer AT VERIZON DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 08:54:33 -0400
How 'bout:

1. Define a manual library on the test system and a device class pointing to
the manual library.
2. BACKUP DEVCONFIG on the test system and HALT TSM.
3. DSMSERV RESTORE DB DEVCLASS=<device class from #1> VOLUMENAMES=<volser>
COMMIT=YES

Make sure you have the same or more Database volume space on the test system
as you do in production. I would also recommend defining a small log space
for the restore. The first thing done is to format the log space. Why wait
for 1G to format each time when you could define up a small log to start
with.

Bill Boyer
DSS, Inc.