ADSM-L

Re: TCPwindow size on Solaris 5.8

2003-04-17 21:21:27
Subject: Re: TCPwindow size on Solaris 5.8
From: "Wholey, Joseph (IDS DM&DS)" <JWholey AT EXCHANGE.ML DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 10:54:36 -0400
Great doc... thanks Richard.

-----Original Message-----
From: Richard Sims [mailto:rbs AT BU DOT EDU]
Sent: Tuesday, April 15, 2003 5:38 PM
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

>Why is it I can only set the TCPWindow to 64 on Solaris client.
> I have a GIGE card on this server and believe that the 64K TCPWindow
>is "killing" my thruput. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

In postings like this we would like to see what independent measurements,
outside of the suspect product, that were made on the questioned ethernet.
If you refer to the archives you will see numerous postings on ethernet
issues, and how Autonegotiation is a prime cause of low throughput.
So, if you haven't already, please conduct the network tests (FTP or other)
You may want to confer with your network people on this.
Feel free to refer to the NETWORK PERFORMANCE write-up near the
bottom of http://people.bu.edu/rbs/ADSM.QuickFacts for some advice.

  Richard Sims, BU