ADSM-L

TSM server 5.1 memory leaks on AIX

2003-04-17 21:13:19
Subject: TSM server 5.1 memory leaks on AIX
From: Rick Saylor <rsaylor AT AUSTINCC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 11:27:10 -0500
Has anyone had problems with memory leaks with TSM server 5.1.6.3? I've
noticed that my TSM server will run a few days and then start to consume
paging space rapidly. I opened a PMR (#00127,033) with AIX support and
spent a couple of weeks working with them. Their conclusion was that
dsmserv, and possibly the client too, had a memory leak. When I went to
open a problem with TSM support I found, to my surprise, that I didn't have
TSM support. I'm working on that but that is another story.

Also, I noticed the same problem with the 5.1.6.2 version.

Thanks,
Rick

Rick Saylor                Austin Community College   Voice: (512)223-1182
Senior Systems Programmer  9101 Tuscany Way           Fax:   (512)223-1211
Information Services       Austin, Texas  78754