ADSM-L

~s and no line-feeds

2003-04-17 21:11:26
Subject: ~s and no line-feeds
From: Lisa Cabanas <cabanl AT MODOT DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 12:46:23 -0500
Is anyone running 5.1.6.0 or above without the problem below??

The APAR (IC32499)  database only documents this for 5.1.1.X upgrades, and
you have a 5.1.0.0 Common Messages file.
      If the lslpp output is reviewed, it will be noticed that TSM is
running with the 5.1.0.0 help files (tivoli.tsm.msg.en_US.webhelp and
            tivoli.tsm.msg.en_US.server).
I have a 5.1.6.0 tivoli.tsm.msg.en_US.server, so I don't know whether the
message catalog at 5.1.6.0 is "as good" as the one at 5.1.1.0 (which I
can't backlevel to without removing and reinstalling- afaik).

-lisa

 Re: TSM Upgrade from 4.1 to 5.x questions

 Forum:   ADSM.ORG - ADSM / TSM Mailing List Archive  Date:      Mar 28,
01:46  From:      Jurjen Oskam <jurjen AT QUADPRO.STUPENDOUS DOT ORG>

 On Thu, Mar 27, 2003 at 12:14:29PM -0500, Bill Boyer wrote:

 > the latest patch. I'm now up to 5.1.6.3 with the only problem being the
 > formatting of the Q PROCESS output with the ~'s and no line-feeds.

 Yes, that happens here too, both with 5.1.6.2 and 5.1.6.3 (AIX 433 ML 10).
 The filesets were installed with the correct option (Install and Update
 from ALL available software).

 It's not everywhere that linefeeds are missing, and it's only a very minor
 cosmetic problem.

 --
 Jurjen Oskam

 PGP Key available at http://www.stupendous.org/