ADSM-L

Docs Wrong?? 5.1.6.0 ACSLS library path definition problem

2003-04-17 21:09:01
Subject: Docs Wrong?? 5.1.6.0 ACSLS library path definition problem
From: Justin Derrick <jderrick AT CANADA DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 14:51:49 -0400
Hi TSMers...

I've been fighting with TSM 5.1.6.0 on Solaris 8 -- I can't define a
path for an ACSLS library, because the server insists that I'm either
handing it bad parameters, or not enough parameters...  Can someone
shed some light on this?

I'm running ACSLS 6.1 on Solaris 8 connected to a StorageTek L180.
Here's the library definition:

       tsm: SERVER1>q libr

             Library Name: ACSLS01
             Library Type: ACSLS
                   ACS Id: 0
         Private Category:
         Scratch Category:
         External Manager:
                   Shared: No
                  LanFree:
       ObeyMountRetention:

Here's the text from Page 90 of the Administrator's Guide which
provides an example of the path definition:
       2. Define a path from the server to the library:
       define path server1 acslibsrctype=server desttype=library acsid=1

But when I try to define the path for our config:
       tsm: SERVER1> def path server1 acsls01 srct=server
desttype=library acsid=0
       ANR2020E DEFINE PATH: Invalid parameter - ACSID.
       ANS8001I Return code 3.

The online documentation doesn't mention this 'acsid' parameter, but
expects a device name instead -- but the documentation doesn't
provide any clues for defining the library as a device.

        >>-DEFine PATH--source_name--destination_name------------------->
        >--SRCType--=--+-DATAMover------+--+------------------------+--->
                       '-SERVer---------'  '-AUTODetect--=--+-No--+-'
                                                         '-Yes-'
       >--DESTType--=--LIBRary--+-DEVIce--=--device_name--------+------>
                                '-EXTERNALManager--=--path_name-'
          '-ONLine--=--+-Yes-+-'
                       '-No--'

I've already serched the archives at search.adsm.org, and found
nothing that was particularly enlightening to solve my problem.  As
always, any help would be graciously accepted.

-JD.