ADSM-L

Re: TCPwindow size on Solaris 5.8

2003-04-15 19:33:55
Subject: Re: TCPwindow size on Solaris 5.8
From: Paul Ripke <stixpjr AT BIGPOND.NET DOT AU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 09:33:27 +1000
On Wednesday, Apr 16, 2003, at 05:44 Australia/Sydney, Wholey, Joseph
(IDS DM&DS) wrote:

Why is it I can only set the TCPWindow to 64 on Solaris client.  I
have a GIGE card on this server and believe that the 64K TCPWindow is
"killing" my thruput.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards, Joe

I'll check what was done when I get to work. From memory, our TCP window
size is around 1MB, Solaris 5.6 aka 2.6 aka 6 (*sigh*, marketing...).

Over a GIGE card, an FTP achieves about 85 MB/s, and I've seen TSM do
50+ MB/s.

Cheers,
--
Paul Ripke