ADSM-L

Re: Current client for Unix System Services

2003-04-15 09:39:59
Subject: Re: Current client for Unix System Services
From: "MC Matt Cooper (2838)" <Matt.Cooper AT AMGREETINGS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 08:41:03 -0400
Tom,
        I am not sure what you are trying to get done but...   The TSM
client for USS is FMID HDN5512 (I believe that is the 5.1.1 client).   It is
a client though.   Good for doing file level backups of the data in the
HFS's on the mainframe.  The TSO admin is to interface with the TSM Server.
I have the ftp job that I use to get code for OS390.  This was used to get
the latest maintenance for the SERVER at 5.1 level.  I am would believe that
the client code is at this site but on a different directory path.  You will
have to do this from TSO and just look till you find it...
Oh and btw,  the client does not have a GUI but does have WEB interface to
it....

service2.boulder.ibm.com
tsm4mvs
get6news
cd storage/tivoli-storage-management/maintenance/server/v5r1/MVS-OS390
cd LATEST
bin
get uq69897.bin  'AGPT.TSM.V5150.UQ69897' (REPLACE
QUIT