ADSM-L

Re: Sun Client

2003-04-14 17:16:54
Subject: Re: Sun Client
From: Len Boyle <SNOLEN AT VM.SAS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 16:57:57 EDT
In article <19C21F9E0DE1914EA5E20E37D0E10A7BBDF38F AT usuexch02.usunwired DOT
com>,
Mark Bertrand <Mark.Bertrand AT USUNWIRED DOT COM> says:

>Like many I have upgraded our server and an currently working on the
>clients.
>
>I thought only "patch levels" were on the FTP site.

The clients packages on the ftp server are total replacements for the
packages on the cd.

>I have read previous posts that you should use the base 5.0 CD to avoid
>licensing issues.

This is only an issue with the TSM server, as the clients are licensed
thru the server. At least the regular clients.
One point of note is that the regular clients licenses, did not treat one
host os different then another. So TSM does not care if it is a solaris client
or a mac client. In the old days there were some license issues with the
mvs uss client or the afs client.

len