ADSM-L

Current client for Unix System Services

2003-04-14 15:56:07
Subject: Current client for Unix System Services
From: Thomas Denier <Thomas.Denier AT MAIL.TJU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 15:39:06 -0400
We run a 5.1.6.2 server under OS/390. We currently manage storage pool
backups by running batch jobs that use the TSO administrative client.
I am looking into the possibility of replacing these jobs with scripts
running under Unix System Services. The 5.1 Unix client manual indicates
that there is a 5.1 client, including dsmadmc, for Unix System Services,
but provides no information about where to get it or how to install it.
I have not found any sign of this client on the IBM FTP site for TSM
code, and have not found any reference to it in README files and
installation JCL shipped with the 5.1 server code. Where is the 5.1
client code for the Unix System Services environment?