ADSM-L

Sun Client

2003-04-14 15:54:48
Subject: Sun Client
From: Mark Bertrand <Mark.Bertrand AT USUNWIRED DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 14:20:26 -0500
Like many I have upgraded our server and an currently working on the
clients.

So far with the help of the many posts here I have had great success. For
our server and the clients (both Windows), I started with the 5.0 CD then
went to the latest patch from the ftp site. No problems.

However, for the Solaris Client, I do not find a CD in my latest stack of
CD's for the Solaris 5.0 base client software. I do find Solaris client
folders on the ftp site from 5.0 to 5.1.5.

Can I go from my current version of 4.1.2.0 straight to 5.1.5 or should I go
to the 5.0 version that is on the FTP site first?

Or, should I order the 5.0 base CD, if possible from my reseller?

I thought only "patch levels" were on the FTP site.

I have read previous posts that you should use the base 5.0 CD to avoid
licensing issues.

Thanks to all.
Mark Bertrand