ADSM-L

Re: defective tape

2003-04-14 12:00:29
Subject: Re: defective tape
From: Tae Kim <tkim AT MFSP DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 12:02:37 -0400
I believe the tape is completely gone.  I try to access that tape volume
but no success.  The tape drive cannot read or write to the tape volume.
I guess all is lost then.  :(

I guess only way to go is to delete the volume.... because I was able to
backup some of the data from tape to copy pool (tape died while it was
getting backed up to the copy pool) will I get an error message when I
try to run the restore volume command?