ADSM-L

Re: tsmservers: q actlog ...

2003-04-11 10:51:16
Subject: Re: tsmservers: q actlog ...
From: "Ochs, Duane" <Duane.Ochs AT QG DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 09:50:43 -0500
I went back to square one on this and reviewed everything that was running
and scheduled. I had my normal daily reporting scheduled at 7am through CRON
and a del volhist scheduled through TSM. Turns out the problem of the
hanging sessions was actually the del_volhist which is going across the TSM
servers to delete the DB backups.

A suggestion from IBM support was to run a reconcile volumes and see if that
helped. It cleared up a lot of virtual volumes and amy problem appears to
have gone away. I have added the reconcile volumes as a scheduled task. I
will watch it through the weekend to see if there are any problems.

Duane Ochs
Systems Administration
Quad/Graphics Inc.
414.566.2375