ADSM-L

Re: Defining Schedules with Options

2003-04-11 09:52:57
Subject: Re: Defining Schedules with Options
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 06:52:32 -0700
No, that will not get you what you want, and it won't even function.

The OBJECTS field represents the things you want to back up. exclude and
include statements are not items to be backed up, so the syntax will fail.
Also, you can not specify include and exclude statements from the command
line, so doing so from a schedule is not valid, either.

1) The include statements should be in the client options file (or in a
client options set if you wish to control these from the server):

   include e:\sqlbackups\db1\*.bak FULLBACKUPS
   include e:\sqlbackups\db2\*.bak DIFFBACKUPS
   * .....\db1\...\*.bak to traverse subdirectories, if that is desired
   * .....\db2\...\*.bak to traverse subdirectories, if that is desired

2) The schedule definition could then be:

def schedule standard once_a_day_schedule type=client
   desc="Daily backup of SQL backups"
   action=Incremental
   objects="e:\sqlbackups\db1\*.bak e:\sqlbackups\db2\*.bak"
   startdate=04/10/2003 starttime=00:30
   duration=12 durunits=hours period=1 perunits=days
   day=any

Include

   options="-subdir=yes"

if you wish to traverse subdirectories of the db1 and db2 directories.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group
Internet e-mail: storman AT us.eyebm DOT com (change eye to i to reply)

The command line is your friend.

Peter Ford <PFord AT STENTOR DOT COM>
04/10/2003 15:50