ADSM-L

AW: RTO while restoring client data

2003-04-11 05:01:41
Subject: AW: RTO while restoring client data
From: Salak Juraj <j.salak AT ASAMER DOT AT>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 11:01:47 +0200
Hi,

TSM will always use best available storage pools/volumes for restore,
you do not have to carry about.

Once you have lost some of your volumes,
you only only have to tell about it to TSM,
it will do the rest for you.

You do this by issuing either of:
        update stg xxx access=unavailable
        update vol xxx  access=unavailable
        update vol xxx  access=destroyed

Later, you can restore your lost volumes by issuing
        restore stg
or
        restore vol
commands.

Assuming: you do have backup storage pools set-up and regulary filled-in by
the means of
        Backup Stg

regards
Juraj