ADSM-L

Require a means of performing AIX makesysb remotely.

2003-04-10 18:42:07
Subject: Require a means of performing AIX makesysb remotely.
From: James Taylor <jimtsm AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 18:41:41 -0400
My client is presently a NetBackup shop.  They are not to happy with the
solution.  One of their main problems is that their AIX and some SUN boxes
do not have external tape drives or operations staff on site.

I think I can convince them on bringing in TSM if I can come up with, even a
partial, solution to this problem.  What is the closest I can get to
providing these system backups and using TSM.

Most AIX is at 4.3.3 some at 5.1.  Present library is a IBM LTO
358(something) with 10 drives on a SAN with 2 ESS(Sharks).

Thanks

JT