ADSM-L

Netware Restore and Retrieve problem

2003-04-10 13:32:45
Subject: Netware Restore and Retrieve problem
From: Mark Hayden <MHayden AT EPA.STATE.IL DOT US>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 12:30:46 -0500
Hello again, I have ran into a problem with NetWare 5.1 restores and
retrieval. We just added a Service pack called E-Directory 8.62 sp3a,
which deals with updating NDS to the newest version as well as
communication,LDAP,SLP and Schema extensions, and more... Since this
time our restores have been hot and miss at best, sometimes restoring
and then sometimes not. The big problem has been that I have been trying
to retrieve a NetWare Grpwise E-mail post office from archive. It just
sits there and never does call for a tape to be brought back from
offsite. The last time I let it run for about an hour and a half, and
the client itself started to give error messages down the console screen
( TSA500.nlm directory path not found ).
At this point it started to give me some errors in the actlog, which is
attached below. If i attemp to retrieve or restore smaller amounts of
data, it seems to work, but very slow in response time...restored 3
files that I had just backed up, and it took 19 min. This does not seem
to affect our Unix clients at all. Has anyone had this issue, and I'm
not a Netware Admin, so not sure on the Sp itself...Please advise

Thanks, Mark Hayden
Informations Systems Analyst
E-Mail:  MHayden AT epa.state.il DOT us