ADSM-L

TDP Oracle restore to different node question

2003-04-10 10:06:12
Subject: TDP Oracle restore to different node question
From: Dave Hecht <dhecht AT CI.BAKERSFIELD.CA DOT US>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 07:07:40 -0700
Sorry if this has been asked and answered ad nauseum over the years.  I
searched the archives and couldn't find a clear answer....

I have backed up an Oracle DB on Server A, using the controlfile only, no
repository, via RMAN and TDP.  I would like to restore it to server B for some
testing.  If someone could please point me to a document that addresses how to
restore a database to a different node I would appreciate it.

Specs:
Oracle 9.0.x.x
TDP 2.2  (AIX)
TSM Serv 4.2.2 (NT)