ADSM-L

dsmserv.opt (REPOST)

2003-04-09 16:09:11
Subject: dsmserv.opt (REPOST)
From: "Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 13:08:26 -0700
I don't think this made it to the list since I saw no responses so I'm
trying again.

How are you set up?

I have been investigating performance issues and have a few questions. I
didn't seem to be having any real problems as far as I could tell things
seemed fine, I just noticed Cache Hit Pct dropped below 98% at times.
After making changes I now see it drop below 94%. I guess I don't understand
why it's dropped so much since these are all recommended for better
performance.

COMMmethod TCPIP
TCPport 1500
COMMmethod http
httpport 1580
TCPWindowsize 64          (WAS 640)
TCPBufsize 32                   (WAS 16)
TCPNODELAY YES
MSGINTerval 4
BUFPoolsize 524288 (WAS 262144)
LOGPoolsize 8192
TXNGroupmax 256
COMMTimeout 7200
IDLETimeout 60
LANGuage AMENG
EXPInterval 0
MOVEBatchsize 1000
MOVESizethresh 500
RESOURCETimeout 100
MIRRORWrite DB Parallel (NEW Entry Was not here before)
MIRRORWrite LOG Sequential (NEW Entry Was not here before)
DBPAGES yes (NEW Entry Was not here before)
VOLUMEHistory /usr/tivoli/tsm/server/bin/volhist.01
VOLUMEHistory /usr/local/adsm/bin/volhist.02
DEVCONFig /usr/tivoli/tsm/server/bin/devconf.01
DEVCONFig /usr/local/adsm/bin/devconf.02
USELARGEBUFFER YES
ENABLE3590Library YES
MAXSESSIONS 150

Geoff Gill
TSM Administrator
NT Systems Support Engineer
SAIC
E-Mail:    <mailto:gillg AT saic DOT com> gillg AT saic DOT com
Phone:  (858) 826-4062
Pager:   (877) 905-7154