ADSM-L

Re: tsmservers: q actlog ...

2003-04-09 15:13:52
Subject: Re: tsmservers: q actlog ...
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 12:13:08 -0700
> Don't support cron jobs huh? Guess I'm not
> really surprised about that...

The dilemma that TSM Service gets into is where to draw the line between
debugging user scripts (or other mechanisms, like cron, used to launch TSM
commands) versus debugging true TSM problems. In principle, Service does
not support the debugging of user scripts. But in practice, we often end
up debugging them anyway, because we are on the hook to determine whether
it is a TSM problem; and in so doing, we end up identifying the problem in
the script if that is where the problem lies.

For cases involving other mechanisms to launch TSM, in general, if the
problem can not be reproduced outside of the other mechanism (i.e. TSM
command fails when launched via product X but succeeds when launched from
the TSM scheduler or OS command line), then you will need to also engage
the product X vendor to assist in finding the trouble.

Regards,

Andy

P.S. FYI I've responded to Duane privately about his particular situation.

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group
Internet e-mail: storman AT us.eyebm DOT com (change eye to i to reply)

The command line is your friend.

Jonathan Kaufman <jkaufman AT FOOTLOCKER DOT COM>
04/09/2003 11:52