ADSM-L

Re: tsmservers: q actlog ...

2003-04-09 11:22:03
Subject: Re: tsmservers: q actlog ...
From: Jonathan Kaufman <jkaufman AT FOOTLOCKER DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 10:02:09 -0500
We are running 5.1.6.3 on Aix 4.3.3 on a few boxes and I haven't seen
anything like that (of course I haven't really looked for it either). I was
planning on updating to 5.1.6.2 until I talked to a support tech (on an
unrelated issue) and he mentioned that 5.1.6.3 supposedly has a large
number of fixes/improvements relating to the TSM database and highly
recommended it over 5.1.6.2... Just my 2 cents worth.

When you mention not releasing their session, does it still show up in q
se? I wouldn't mind knowing what the tell tale signs are that you see and
keep on eye on my 5.1.6.3 TSM servers (3 of them) to see if I have it as
well.  Have you looked into the APARS fixed in 5.1.6.3?

Jonathan Kaufman

Foot Locker Inc.
E-Mail: jkaufman AT footlocker DOT com

                                               To:      ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT
EDU
                                               cc:
                        "Ochs, Duane"          Subject: tsmservers: q actlog ...
                        <Duane.Ochs@QG.

                        Sent by: "ADSM:
                        Dist Stor
                        Manager"
                        <ADSM-L AT VM DOT MARI
                        ST.EDU>

                        04/09/2003
                        09:31 AM
                        Please respond
                        to "ADSM: Dist
                        Stor Manager"

Since upgrading to 5.1.6.2 server on AIX I have seen that the sessions that
are created during this process do not release at times. The only way I
have
been able to get rid of them is by stopping the TSM server software and
restarting.

I use a cron job to do the following:
dsmadmc -id= -pass= -commadelimited -outfile=/usr/actlog_q.txt
-display=table 'tsmservers: q actlog begindate=today-1 begintime=07:00
enddate=today endtime=07:00 search=ane49??i'

dsmadmc -id= -pass= -outfile=/usr/stats.rpt 'tsmservers: q event * *
begindate=today-1 begintime=07:00 enddate=today endtime=07:00'

I then parse the contents to create reports on number of files,data sent,
etc...

Has anyone else seen this behaviour or come across a solution for it ?

 Duane Ochs
Systems Administration
Quad/Graphics Inc.
414.566.2375