ADSM-L

HELP! Expiration is Locking TSM: resent

2003-04-09 10:51:31
Subject: HELP! Expiration is Locking TSM: resent
From: Joni Moyer <joni.moyer AT HIGHMARK DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 10:49:40 -0400
Hello,

I am having a problem with running expire inventory.  I usually have a job
that starts expiration with a duration=420.  Since yesterday whenever the
expire job starts it does this to my administrative tasks:

Process Process Description  Status

  Number
-------- --------------------
     514 Migration            Disk Storage Pool ORAPOOL, Moved Files: 3339,

                               Moved Bytes: 84,921,200,640, Unreadable
Files:
                               0, Unreadable Bytes: 0. Current Physical
File
                               (bytes): None

                               Current output volume: 483581.

     518 Backup Storage Pool  Primary Pool TAPEPOOLORA, Copy Pool
TAPECOPYORA,
                               Files Backed Up: 612, Bytes Backed Up:

                               76,680,381,789, Unreadable Files: 0,
Unreadable

                               Current input volume: 497999.

                               Current output volume: 560372.

     519 Backup Storage Pool  Primary Pool TAPEPOOLORA, Copy Pool
TAPECOPYORA,
                               Files Backed Up: 757, Bytes Backed Up:

                               72,145,830,611, Unreadable Files: 0,
Unreadable

                               Current input volume: 498282.

As you can see it doesn't allow the administrative tasks to process
anything.  Then I issued the can pro xxxx to cancel the expiration job.
This just hangs and tells me that it is in the process of canceling.  In
the meantime, all of the client sessions are hung and so are the
administrative processes as well.

Has anyone ever experienced this problem or know of a fix?

I am running TSM 4.1.5 on os/390 2.10.  As far as I know no changes have
been made.  Can someone please help?  I have called tivoli on this on
Friday and still haven't been able to contact a support rep.  Please Help!

Joni Moyer
Systems Programmer
joni.moyer AT highmark DOT com
(717)975-8338