ADSM-L

*LARGE* Netware files

2003-04-09 10:43:10
Subject: *LARGE* Netware files
From: Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 10:42:47 -0400
I recently introduced a new Netware 6 box to TSM. Everything seemed to
backup just fine, until I started receiving these error messages from the
daily scheduled backups:

3/27/2003 4:00:31 AM ANE4025E (Session: 33684, Node: CSERV2A.VCU.EDU)
Error processing  PATCHES:/BIOSTAT/HOME/ABEST/BACKUP/Backup.bkf': file
exceeds user or system file limit

The TSM messages book says:

Explanation: A file being restored or retrieved exceeds system set limits
for this user

Since this is occuring daily during the scheduled backups, this makes no
sense !

Upon further investigation, the user points out the following information
in the TSM Netware Client book:

Maximum File Size for Operations
The maximum file size for backup, restore, archive, and retrieve
operations is 4,294,963,200 (4GB -4KB). Netware 5.x and Netware 6 clients
support a maximum
file size greater than 4 GB on NSS volumes, and the ability to backup or
restore directory space limitations.

Yes, the file in question is > 4GB so obviously the OS supports it.

So, what gives ?